The Silent Disco was a highlight of the festival experience for anyone who weathered the oft-long line to get in. The crowd inside a relatively small tent all grooved out together while the sound is transmitted to personal wireless headphones instead of a normal PA system. To claim that the experience is surreal and a trip is an understatement. This one of a kind experiment should not be missed. I would not be surprised to see one popping up in an urban area near you soon.
Fact: One of the more annoying consequences of staying out late dancing is the laryngitis that you experience the following morning from having to scream to communicate with friends, place your drink order, hit on that cutie cute guy or gal, etc., over the thumping music.
Luckily, the geniuses at Silent Disco have eradicated this problem for the booty shaking people in Austin with their concept. Upon arrival, you receive a pair of nifty wireless headphones, through which the live DJ is pumping his or her music. The sound quality is impeccable and with the headphones on, there is no audible differentiation from being in a traditional nightclub. The beauty of this brainchild is that the once the headphones are muted or removed, you can actually carry on a conversation with others, understand people's names when they are introduced to you, and salvage your vocal chords from the typical beat down to the sound of backbeats.
The only real pitfall of Silent Disco is the newness of it all. Much of the crowd seemed hesitant to participate, or embarrassed to let loose. It is a wee bit awkward knowing that you look like a crazy hobo dancing to your own mental band, to the folks not wearing the headphones. Although initially "different," this method of party is spreading like wildfire internationally, and in Texas will catch on in time. It sometimes takes us a little longer, but we'll get there. We're hip ... we like to dance.
1. It may look weird having to see someone at a silent disco party, dance to a song without music playing out loud but that is what makes silent discos so cool! Isn’t it really just about dancing your heart out when listening to your favourite jam?
2.The best memories with friends are made while doing crazy stuff together. The best thing about having a silent disco party is that you can carry your headphones along anywhere and everywhere without worrying about the cops gatecrashing and ruining your party’s vatarvaran.
3. Having a New Years silent disco party would be off the chain. Be ready to party all night this New Year’s Eve without setting a deadline for your music and fun. It’s the one night in the year where the party shouldn’t stop. Have a blast by partying the entire night till dawn. With a silent disco party there's no chance of the police showing up
4. Take the party anywhere! You no longer have to be afraid of finding the perfect location to host a party. You can take the party anywhere - why not a silent disco house party without being stressed about finding space? Turn your living room into the dance floor
5. Be your own DJ for the night. Long gone are the days where you had to harass the DJ to play your favorite song. Spend the night with a pair of silent disco headphones and be your own DJ.
6. Shut up and dance. Partying at a club or pub with everyone screaming and shouting out loud in your ears can not only drive you crazy but can also reduce the chances of you having a kickass time. Put your pair of silent disco headphones on and just dance your feet off the ground. Why waste time yapping when you can silent disco dance!
7. It's affordable. With only $5/pair
If you've gone to college, you know what's it like to have the time of your life with no money in your pocket. All you have to do is invite your friends and carry your silent disco headphones along with your playlist and have a massive blast without having to rent expensive space or go out to clubs by throwing a silent disco party.
So what are you waiting for
We are from Austin, but we've had some great shows in places like San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Utopia, Kerrville, and San Marcos! Give us a call or email us if you are interested to rent headphones for your own party or have us come out and put together a show! We are Texas born, and we will beat the prices and service of any national competitor! Give us a call!
We were recently interviewed on local Austin Radio, check it out! We recently appeared on the Dudley & Bob with Matt morning radio show in Austin. Here is the full podcast. We start at around 18:00 mark. Or, you can listen to our full interview below...
With local clients such as Google, Facebook, Dell, and Nike, and international clients like the Guardian, Austin Silent Disco specializes in bringing a unique experience to the party. We take your corporate events to the next level. With up to 3 simultaneous channels of music or other content, there's plenty of room for event attendees to participate beyond listening. Also, without loudspeakers, you could even throw the event in your office or atop your parking garage without your tenants complaining! Call or email us for info!
The "headphone concert" is a concept that's been explored by bands such as the Flaming Lips, Kid Koala, and ToasT, to name but a few. At Austin Silent Disco, we want to bring this concept to the masses!
With great rates including headphones, V-Drums, guitar modeling amplifiers, a mixer, someone to mix it, a line out for recording, and someone to manage the headphones for you, what better way to throw a party? Need to hire a band? We can help you with that as well!
We provide a musical experience unlike any other. Every attendee wears wireless headphones, and we broadcast a wireless transmission of the music through our sound system that will never cause the neighbors to call the police (though if they have headphones, they will be able to hear the show!)
Contact Us to book a show or Subscribe to our Upcoming Shows Mailing List
Austin Silent Disco
We are the first locally-owned silent disco company in Austin, Texas. We are your one stop shop for any event you can imagine that can be enhanced by having your attendees wear headphones.